Family

Family

Friday, April 22, 2011

Chocolate

I don't know about you, but I am an emotional eater. Doesn't matter the emotion. I can eat when I'm happy, bored, upset, depressed. The bad thing is that it always ends the same, me feeling fat and regretting it!!! I know that there are literally MILLIONS of other people who do that same thing. WHY do we do it to ourselves?! REALLY? Where is our self control and our motivation? Now, my "drug" of choice is chocolate. Yeah, I know, pretty common. What IS it about chocolate that we think will make us feel good? It never works. If you don't eat enough you feel like you need more, then you eat too much and you are 5 lbs heavier the next day, not to mention so sick that you can't sleep that night.
Nights are def. the worst for me. I started out with a salad at about 10:00. I had an early dinner, no lunch and a late breakfast. I know that I should go to bed before I start craving chocolate, but I never do. I always promise myself that I will be better and that next time it won't happen, then here we go again. Anybody want some Utah Truffles from Deseret Book? I need to get rid of these things before I eat them all!!! I have a goal weight for a certain purpose, and I will never reach it if I keep this up. Some one tell me something that helps keep them motivated to eat healthy and loose weight. I need a good motivator besides my goal because that is obviously not enough!!! So, what are your ideas PEOPLE!!! What motivates you?

3 comments:

  1. "Never let a day pass that you will have cause to say: I will do better tomorrow" - Brigham Young.

    I find that my only suggestion for you... is to replace eating with something else. Lex told me a long time ago that i would NEVER overcome my eating disorder if I didnt find something else to keep myself happy. Lately, my replacement has been painting my nails. ( and in turn I get a colorful collection of nail polish! ) When I find myself ready to explode I take a deep breath and go paint my nails. Then I usually feel calm enough to go take care of buisness. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps... LOVE your cute blog pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd give you advice but Shannon already gave you my advice...

    ReplyDelete